Displaying items by tag: Cannabis
An Institute for Local Government - hosted webinar
California cities, counties, and special districts are embarking on annual budgeting activities. These budgets are based on projections around sales tax, property tax, hotel tax, and business license fees many of which have been impacted by continued uncertainty from the pandemic and the ever-changing guidelines and protocols. This webinar shared economic and fiscal trends, and how local governments are using this data to inform budgeting and long-term planning.
- Ken Brown, HdL Companies, Principal
- Nichole Cone, HdL Coren & Cone, Vice President
- Eric Myers, HdL Companies, Senior Operations Manager
- Sheila Poisson, Finance Director, City of Torrance
- Lydia Romero, City Manager, City of Lemon Grove
- Melissa Kuehne, Senior Program Manager, Institute for Local Government
As presented at the League of California Cities 2022 City Manager Conference
California has one of the largest and most diverse economies in the world and has been an epicenter of innovation, entertainment, agriculture, and tourism in America for over a century. A combination of things, mostly stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, continues to cause economic disruption and uncertainty. Municipal revenues are uniquely affected in turn. HdL provides an analysis and outlook of economic and financial trends for the year ahead in California.