Legislative Update May 2021
The following includes updates for 2021 legislative statuses on bills related to sales and use tax, medical and adult use cannabis taxation and regulation, property taxation, economic development and business licenses that HdL has been tracking.
California's Retail Economy in 4Q2020
California's Q4 2020 retail sales experience decline but pandemic impacts are not as far off from previous year as expected.
Utility Users Tax - The Stable Revenue?
Utility Users Tax was a truly stable source of local government revenue for decades but has been significantly impacted over the last several years.
Recovery of Lodging and Business License Tax Revenues
A recap of how lodging and business license tax revenues were drastically impacted by the pandemic and actionable steps towards recovery.
HdL April HeadLines
HdL HeadLines calls out retail trends affecting the economy and HdL news to provide you with insight and support in your budget preparation and economic planning.
Agencies Respond to ARPA Funds
Agencies are responding in various ways to ARPA funds. HdL can help craft an action plan that makes sense for your agency.
More Articles ...
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Property Tax Revenue
- Chico Discusses New Taxing Methods as City Faces Flat Revenue
- HdL Co-Founder Lloyd de Llamas Honored as He Approaches Retirement
- HdL March HeadLines
- Newport Beach Re-Engages HdL
- Issue Update March 2021
- Legislative Update March 2021
- Adding to the Challenge – the Increasingly Volatile Sales Tax
- HdL January HeadLines
- Case Study: Business Tax Revenue Administration