Browse HdL thought leadership articles, press releases, legislative updates, economic forecasts, industry headlines and more.
Sales Tax Returns in California Continue to Rebound in 4Q2021
California continued to show vast improvement in sales tax receipts in the fourth quarter of 2021 with a 15% spike in local one-cent sales and use tax compared to the same quarter last year.
The Secret Life of Grants: Hidden Costs
Without knowledge of a federal grant's true cost – direct PLUS indirect costs – an agency cannot sustain grant-funded projects. Learn how HdL can support your city with indirect cost recovery.
California Consensus Forecast - 4Q21 Data
HdL provides relevant information and analyses on the economic forces affecting California’s local government agencies.
HdL March 2022 HeadLines
HdL HeadLines calls out retail trends affecting the economy and HdL news to provide you with insight and support in your budget preparation and economic planning.
Legislative Update March 2022
The following includes updates for 2022 legislative statuses on legislation to watch and bills related to sales and use tax, medical and adult use cannabis taxation and regulation, property taxation and business license that HdL is currently tracking.
HdL Companies and Envisio Partnership Streamlines ARPA Reporting
HdL’s local government expertise and Envisio’s strategy software partner to promote transparency and compliance in ARPA reporting.
More Articles ...
- Infrastructure in Industrial America
- HdL February 2022 HeadLines
- That’s a Wrap: HdL at CSMFO 2022
- HdL January 2022 HeadLines
- HdL ARPA Assistance
- Sales Tax Returns in California Show Stronger than Anticipated Growth in 3Q2021
- California Consensus Forecast - 3Q21 Data
- California Proposition 13 Inflation Factor for 2022/23
- 2021 HdL Success: A Year in Review
- HdL December 2021 HeadLines